Sunday, May 3, 2009

Calvin and Hobbes' NBA First Round Playoff Analysis

Now that the first round of the playoffs is over I figured I'd chime in with some analysis. However, rather than reiterate what everyone already knows about the playoffs (ie Lebron and Kobe are great, Detroit, San Antonio, and the Jazz are done as we know them, Byron Scott is so fired, etc), I decided to translate my thoughts on the first round of the postseason with the help of Calvin and Hobbes, a comic strip that I've read and reread religiously since I was 8. With all apologies to the brilliant Bill Watterson, here are the Calvin and Hobbes strips/images which sum up the first round of the 2009 NBA Playoffs. Please don't sue me for copyright infringement. Also, apologies for the crappy scans.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Cleveland (1) vs. Detroit (8)



Result: Cleveland wins series 4-0

Boston (2) vs. Chicago (7)

Games 1,2,4-6



Game 7



Result: Boston wins series 4-3

Orlando (3) vs. Philadelphia (6)



Result: Orlando wins series 4-2

Atlanta (4) vs. Miami (5)




Result: Atlanta wins series 4-3

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Los Angeles (1) vs. Utah (8)


Result: Lakers win series 4-1

Denver (2) vs. New Orleans (7)



Result: Denver wins series 4-1

San Antonio (3) vs. Dallas (6)



Result: Dallas wins series 4-1

Portland (4) vs. Houston (5)



Result: Houston wins series 4-2

Oversimplified? Of course! Contrived? A little.

But cmon. It's Calvin and Hobbes!

1 comment:

  1. even though the Jazz got worked, I can't be mad while reading C&H

    ReplyDelete